Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Comic Roundup: March 12, 2008

  • Not a whole lot by the way of comics this week. I did as threatened and reread the first issue of the new Criminal. It's still great. Beyond this list I also purchased Empowered volume 3, but that is deserving a much longer post than I can give it here.

  • Return To Wonderland cover gallery: Yeah, I bought this because I'm a big nerd. Don't judge me.

  • Serenity: Better Days issue 1: I wonder sometime if I'm not as big a fan of Firefly as I aught to be. Other times I remind myself that I am and Firefly, it's just Serenity that I have trouble with. There is always something lacking in these comics, as though the writing does not quite mesh with my feelings for the original television series. I don't have this trouble with the Buffy series, but I can't tell whether it is because the writing is better in that book or if distance from the show makes me more nostalgic for it. In spite of all that, this was not a bad issue and I'll be picking up the next two just to see how it ends up. I just wish I could get more enthusiastic about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment