Thursday, February 26, 2009

Watched Lately: Dollhouse

  • Since the invention of the DVR, I don't watch live television anymore. I'd rather watch when I'm in the mood instead of putting whatever I'm doing on hold. That said, Friday night at nine o'clock found my wife and I on the couch waiting for Dollhouse to start. Sometimes "immediately" is as good as you can do.

  • For a first episode, I was mildly surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. Yes, it is a little rough, which we had all been warned about. Eliza Dushku is not the most gifted actress, but she fit her role well and will probably do fine on the show. The show is a little dark, but as with Firefly, Joss Whedon has an affinity for that.

  • Since I started writing this post, the second episode snuck out. I'm happy to say that it improved on the first in every way. It shows the kind of slow burn storytelling we expect from Joss now. So far, I'm happy to see where he takes us.

  • I'd better get this posted before a third episode comes out. Or the show is cancelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment