Friday, June 5, 2009

Listened Lately: Shut Up, We're Talking #48

  • This might come off as self-serving, but I really enjoyed the latest episode (number forty-eight) of the Shut Up, We're Talking podcast. Like always, there is a lot to think about. Mixing my metaphors in 5... 4... 3...

  • The Matrix Online - In my prior post on MxO, I talked about the game's closure from a personal level. I totally forgot there is a great business angle to this, namely Station Access. There was a assumption (encouraged by SOE) that Station Access would the savior of underperforming games. For only $30, you get access to a number of Sony MMOs. But with Free Realms just launching and with DC Universe Online and the next undisclosed MMO in development, that $30 would get stretched thinner and thinner. With MxO turning the lights out, I think what we're seeing the upper limit Sony will allow for Station Access. When DCUO launches, I foresee either another game pulled or a reevaluation of the subscription charge.

  • The Avatar Thing Again - I left a comment at Virgin Worlds, but I'm reiterating here: yes, I was looking at the discussion through the bunny ear lens. It is a huge topic and I'm glad the show went at it a second time.

  • Blog of the Week - In a quick e-mail exchange with Darren, I told him I did a little dance when I saw Bullet Points was Blog of the Week. No, I will not YouTube it. You should be happy that I'm saving you potential psychiatric bills.

  • And that's it. I'm going to stop typing before all the adulation goes to my head.


© 2009 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment