Friday, August 14, 2009

News Filter: WoW Speculation from MMO-Champion

  • Boubouille, the World of Warcraft newsman extraordinaire from MMO-Champion, has released speculation he's gathered about the next WoW expansion, currently referred to as Cataclysm. Since I'm going to comment on this stuff, you might want to look away if you are spoiler-phobic. Since I hate television show spoilers, I will understand.

  • New races: Goblin and Worgen - This is not exactly news, but we do get narratives about why they're joining the Horde and Alliance, respectively. I don't know about you, but I am damn well going to roll up a Worgen if they become available.

  • New classes: Sort of - Instead of adding any new classes, Blizzard will instead open up more classes choices for various races. While some players will see this as the continued dumbing down of the game, I think this is just Blizzard saying "Okay, we know you want more options. So here you go."

  • Level cap: 85 - This would be an interesting move. The idea of making five hell levels instead of the standard ten would allow content to be turned differently than they have in the past. Although the assumption is that Blizzard is fixated on certain things, I can see this being something they decide to experiment with, just like they have with raid sizes.

  • Revamping old world Azeroth - Oh really? I'm fascinated by the implications of this. Will they update the old quests along with the zones? Will there be massive phasing? No one knows, but I look forward to seeing how Blizzard handles this.

  • With Blizzcon only a week away, I'll have my scorecard out to see how this stacks up. If half of this is true, I'm interested to see how it turns out. So, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment