- The last couple days have been very busy in Champions Online. Questing (Yeah, I know they call them missions. Deal with it.) and exploring continue to be a lot of fun.
- There are all kinds of quests going on in Snake Gulch, the robot cowboy theme park in the Southwest Desert zone. It's so hilariously comic-booky that I enjoyed every minute I spent there. Killing gunslinging bots is a lot more fun than it should be. I could do without the Cowboy's lariat attacks though. I spent so much time in bondage, you'd think I was Wonder Woman. Lucky for me I was only halfway through the quest hub before they fixed the problem with Snake Gulch Snakebucks not being recorded. I only collected enough for one action figure, but I can see myself coming back to farm for more.
- When I hit level 20, I decided it was time to update my character's look, so off to the tailor I went. It felt like Arcfire needed a dark and brooding costume, so I simply recolored her with black and blood red. There's one more empty slot I'll have to do something with. I'm thinking a civilian outfit, but we'll see.
- So what did I do next with my new attitude? Defuse more bombs. Lots more bombs. I think I've foiled attacks by the Destroyer Bots, VIPER, and The Black Aces now. Foxbat was kind enough to rob a bank instead of blowing it up, so that was a nice change of pace. And when the Qularr invaded a base, all they were doing is trying to steal back some sarcophagi. I might have let them if those bugs weren't so evil. And ugly. And stinky.
- Sorry if these gaming posts are boring at the moment. I'm rather close to level 22, so I'm closing in on the Nemesis system. I suspect that will be the make or break point for this game. I'm looking forward to playing with it and writing about it too.
© 2009 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.
If you're reading this on a site other than Bullet Points, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.