- I'm back. I hope you all forgive my absence. November was a long month and ran a little over. Anyway I'm back now.
- What have I been up to lately? Good question. A surprising little gaming unfortunately. The main game I've been playing is Clean The Viruses. Unfortunately the viruses won this round and I ended up hitting the reset button on that particular machine. I appreciate that computers have very robust reformatting tools built in. I've become very familiar with them recently. However as a wise man once said, "The only winning move is not to play."
- I've been doing a lot of reading lately, both my current novel, The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco, and a new blog I subscribed to, The Border House. I'm loving the book as much as I enjoyed Eco's other books. It's just really dense. The blog, on the other hand, has been a different kind of challenge for me. As a relatively privileged white male, everything about it says "This is not for you." I might not have tried if I hadn't seen Seraphina Brennan sign up to post there. However after reading through the archive, I can't help but think that if I shut up and pay attention, I might actually learn something.
- Went to visit my parents this weekend as well. They taught me how to play Mahjong and I tried out Tales of the Arabian Nights on them. Much fun was had on both counts, though I'll have more to say about Tales in another post.
- I'm eager to get back to some real gaming and real blogging. We'll see what the week brings. So, what have you all been up to?
© 2009 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.
If you're reading this on a site other than Bullet Points, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.