Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Random Shots: An Observation

  • This is just a quick note while I'm trying to write a real post. This was inspired by the topic-of-the-day by Gorden primarily from We Fly Spitfires.

  • Back in my post about The Oculus, I casually noted that when someone dropped out of the group, it was the tank both times. This is not an isolated incident. Whenever someone drops early from a dungeon run, nine times out of ten it will be the tank. It has happened in Ahn-Kahet. It's happened in Violet Hold, for goodness' sake.

  • Can anyone tell me what that is about?

3 comments:

  1. Back in the day it used to be that if a party wiped a lot, the tank usually ended up with the worst repair bill. Not sure if that is true of modern WoW however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Yeebo - I can understand that reason well. And when a group wipes after wipe, I don't blame them. I have to think, especially in today's Dungeon Finder environment, that they know another group is only 15 minutes away if they don't want to stick around. As opposed to us DPSers who will stick around because it will be a while before another group comes up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cause they are crappy tanks! I on the other hand was the uber tank and would never quit a run. But that could be cause I ran dungeons with 3-4 friends instead of doing pugs.

    ReplyDelete