Friday, April 2, 2010

Random Shots: Have You Ever Noticed

  • I just discovered recently that one of my coworker's laughs exactly like the female gnomes from World of Warcraft. It's a little eerie, but it works for her. I would never mention it, though, because then I'd be the crazy one.

  • I have a World of Warcraft page-a-day calendar on my desk at work. For April Fool's Day, the image was the Crazy Cat Lady's Cottage in Elwynn Forest. Very fitting, I think.

  • I've been reading a lot of Old School Gaming blogs recently. A lot. It's all made me nostalgic for my pen-and-paper gaming days. Since I'm not likely to be rolling dice in anger any time soon, I'm thinking about writing a campaign setting just for the heck of it. And if I'm going to do all that work, I might as well put it here so you can enjoy it. Or heckle it, I'm not picky.

  • Some workdays when I just have to get out of the office, I drive over to the local Best Buy so that I can surround myself with games and DVD and electronics. Most of the time I'm just window shopping. I don't feel like dropping $60 on a game that I'm not entire sure of. This last week, though, after already talking myself out of The Saboteur at $40, I saw the sale bin. You know what I'm talking about: a cardboard filled with My Pretty Pony DS and Bass Fishing PS2 games. This time, though, they had Bully for Xbox 360 in there for $20. That's about what it goes for used, I'm sure. I've been interested in that game since Rebel FM did a Game Club series on it a year ago. So it looks like I'll be playing Bully soon.

  • Just finished listening to the Three Red Lights Podcast #140. What a bunch of fucking amateurs. Now I remember why I don't read IGN.


© 2010 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

  1. Bully is a great deal for $20, my wife spent easily over 100 hours on that game getting 100% completion (which is definitely a PITA). Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so the same thing at Best Buy. Sometimes when I need to relax I go there. It is close to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to self, stay away from the Three Red Lights Podcast, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anon - Yow! Thank goodness I'm not the 100% type.

    @ Scarybooster - Best Buy is a little bit of nerd heaven. I just have to remember to keep my wallet in my pocket or bad things can happen.

    @ Jayedub - The funny thing is that I listened to the prior two episodes because the Rebel FM guys were on and they were okay. Probably because I actually like those guys.

    ReplyDelete