- I'm usually not a huge fan of spoilers. I don't want to know how the movie is going to end before I've bought my ticket and I don't read the last page of a book before I reach it normally. There is something about World of Warcraft leaks, though, that makes me throw all of the self-righteousness out the window.
I hope you like spoilers! Because here they come!
- The inimitable (yes, I had to look that up) MMO-Champion has launched its initial fusillade (that one I knew) of Cataclysm spoilers. And I cannot look away.
- When it comes to leaks, MMO-Champion is hitting all the usual buttons: new models, screenshots, crafting recipes, and (favorite of all) the new zone maps. There is something about map that hooks my imagination. I love searching over each of the zones, new and old, and wonder at what I'll discover there. Actually, I didn't spend too much time looking at Gilneas because I really want to discover what's going on there in person/character.
- The screenshots are just incredible. I love how much effort Blizzard puts into their virtual worlds. For me, looking at spoiler screens doesn't take away the effect of seeing them in game. I still remember the first time I traveled through the Dark Portal, running through the mushrooms in Zangarmarsh, stepping off the zeppelin in Howling Fjord, and teleporting to Dalaran for the first time. It's a shame that feeling of discovery fades so quickly, so I'm looking forward to visiting new zones and revisiting new old zones. (I'm particularly taken by the Skywall images. Seeing the zone in a semi-finished state is so cool to me. Yes, I know. I'm a big nerd.)
- Haven't got much to say about the other data-mining bits. Crafting recipes, titles, and updates are all interesting enough, but that's all the stuff I just do in the game. They're all nice enough to discover in game, so that's not much for me to care about here. Well, I do have one more thing to say: those anglerfish murlocs look scary. Damn murlocs!
© 2010 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.