Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Random Shots: Petty

  • I like World of Warcraft. I mean really like it. They have a whole bunch of my money to prove it. I know it is the cool thing to hate on WoW, but you can't tell me that we (and by we I mean me and 12 million of my closest friends) are not having fun. But there is one thing I would change to make the game better.

  • No, I don't want them to fix the holy trinity. They don't have to add meaningful PvP. I don't need a more hardcore game, more intricate crafting, or forced grouping.

  • I just want them to fix the mother-effing sound effect for Templar's Verdict.

  • Have you heard it? If you haven't, go right now and roll up a paladin, play up to level 10, and pick Retribution as your talent specialization. Really, go ahead. I'll wait. It should take you no more than twenty minutes what with the leveling changes.

  • See what I mean? When I'm swinging a huge two-handed weapon and someone, it shouldn't sound like I'm playing with a Slinky. I'm sure there is a place for that, but Slinkies sound like hunter weapons, not paladins. I want a big, meaty crash, bang, or explosion of steel on flesh. If you can recreate that with something that came in your Christmas stocking, you're doing it wrong.

  • You've done some great work in the past, Blizzard. Don't let me down.


© 2010 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I was trying to find some youtube clips to see for myself, but all the videos I could find are full of crappy music that cover up the sounds. Then, I remembered I had a paladin myself LOL! It totally slipped my mind, and she's a level 80 too. I'm going to have to dust her off one of these days and have a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ MMOGC - It's easy to forget which characters I have where. But a lost level 80? That's a bit much. :)

    ReplyDelete