Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Played Lately: Rift

  • I received a message last night from my brother telling me that Patch 1.2 for Rift murdered the servers. That didn't sound great so I waited until this morning to patch up and check out the game. Not that I had time to play, but there was something in particular that I was curious about.


  • Sure enough, when I logged in there were two letters in my mail box informing me that I had earned the first two Ascend-a-Friend rewards. The first was a corgi companion pet named Courage and the second was a cosmetic hat called the Trailblazer's Hat. It's not mentioned on that page, but in the email I got it mentioned that they were also linking anyone who used the Allies of the Ascended from the earlier promotion. So thank you to Yeebo for buying the game and getting me some rewards.

  • Not a bad bit of work for posting a code on your blog, eh?

  • And yes, the entire point of this blog post is to brag. Sorry.

  • While we're talking about it, though, does anyone want to try out Rift? I'd really like to get that mount. /smile



© 2011 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

  1. Heh, my pleasure. I likely wouldn't have tried Rift without the codes, and I'm finding it to be a good bit of fun. If I earned you a corgi (which btw bears an uncanny resemblance to my office mate's dog), so much the better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Yeebo - Glad you are enjoying it. Now I just need to convince you to buy an extra copy. Maybe you could dual-box? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A corgi? Aw, I was really interested in the dog reward but not so much now. Something about stumpy legs bugs me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reposting prior comments that were lost in the Blogger failure:

    Yeebo - Heh, my pleasure. I likely wouldn't have tried Rift without the codes, and I'm finding it to be a good bit of fun. If I earned you a corgi (which btw bears an uncanny resemblance to my office mate's dog), so much the better :-)

    Anjin - @ Yeebo - Glad you are enjoying it. Now I just need to convince you to buy an extra copy. Maybe you could dual-box? :)

    Blue Kae - A corgi? Aw, I was really interested in the dog reward but not so much now. Something about stumpy legs bugs me.

    Anjin - @ Blue Kae - I have to admit that I have a soft spot for corgis ever since Ein from Cowboy Bebop.

    ReplyDelete