Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Random Shots: You Must Pay To Be Elite

  • I tweeted about Call Of Duty Elite yesterday, but that's not really the right venue for this. So, allow me to share here:

    • Current Me: Not surprised that Activision will be making Call of Duty a subscription game.

    • Near Future Me: Not surprised by the backlash against a bunch of money grubbing suits trying to milk gamers for all they've got.

    • Far Future Me: Not surprised by the obscene amount of money Activision makes from Call of Duty subscriptions.

  • I didn't play COD in the past and I won't in the future, so I don't have a horse in this race. But you can see this coming, right?


© 2011 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I suspect that you are correct, they are going to make crazed amounts of money off of this. They will likely also keep charging extra for downloadable content.

    Once the other big developers see how much money they are raking in, prepare for sub fees to become standard in big budget online FPSs.

    I find the whole thing pretty outrageous, but it's too late to put this back in the bottle. I honestly am surprised they aren't getting more backlash over this.

    ReplyDelete