Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Played Lately: Star Wars: The Old Republic

  • This post is not meant to be ammunition in any arguments. It is not a sign or a data point. It just is.

  • I unsubscribed from Star Wars: The Old Republic. It was an easy decision. It has nothing to do with the game itself. I was enjoying my time on Ord Mantell, even though it took several sessions to even leave the planet. Having just arrived on Coruscant, I'm actually disappointed that I won't be returning.

  • I suppose that, if you were a terrible person, you could fault Bioware for not making a game that is so good that I would neglect my family and job. Hmm... I'll just leave that there.

  • Anyway, I'm out. Maybe I'll be back.

  • I really would like to get my ship back.


© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

  1. "I suppose that, if you were a terrible person, you could fault Bioware for not making a game that is so good that I would neglect my family and job."

    Good luck with all the RL stuff you have coming. Sucks that some random MMO hasn't spurred you to being a homeless hobo with an oddly expensive laptop... constantly traveling in search of a enough quarters for a pint of cheap whiskey and a good password-free wifi connection.

    Oh no wait, that would have sucked badly.

    Hope you are having a good new Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yeebo. Except for the occasional cold or flu, parenthood has been awesome. I'm sure she'll let me game again someday.

      Delete
  2. Wait I am confused, why are you out? Because you are upset that you cannot get back to a planet that you really enjoyed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my wording is a little hazy there. The point of the post is that SWTOR did nothing wrong to drive me away. I'm only unsubscribing because I literaly don't have the time to play. So far I've kept it on my desktop and update it occasionally just in case.

      Delete