- The rumors have been floating around from some time, but DC Comics finally pulled the trigger on the new Watchmen series. (That is an amazingly apt description, now that I think about it.) Before Watchmen will include seven miniseries and an epilogue for a total of thirty-five issues.
- Fish have to swim, birds have to fly, and comic companies have to exploit their characters. There is a lot of talent involved in this fiasco, which means that this is going to be uneven as hell. If more than one series is any good, I'll be shocked.
- I'm not here to rage. I'd rather they got this all out of their system so that, one way or the other, all this talk of continuing Watchmen will be behind us.
- If there is one highlight of the whole endevour, it's that Darwyn Cooke is involved. That something at least.
- P.S. The new DC logo looks super-90s to me. Come on, how can you mess up two letters?
- P.P.S. While you're at it, here is a defense of the project by JMS. Read and judge for yourself.
© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.