- THIS IS A ZERO SPOILER ZONE! SPOILERS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SPOILERS, I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE YOU TO THE INTERNET. GIVE IT A LOOK SOME TIME.
- Monday night, I told my wife that I didn't think that I would buy Mass Effect 3 because I don't really have to time to dedicate to it. Tuesday night, I played Mass Effect 3. I'm not even sure what happened in between those two points.
- If I had to point out what pushed me over the edge, it would be that I had to know what happened to my Shepard. With everyone talking online about playing, I knew that I could not leave Shepard's story incomplete. She had been through so much already, even death for a time. I wanted to see her fight to its completion. I was particularly happy when the import screen showed me all of the important decisions I made over the last two games.
- Funny enough, Syp and I both picked the same stopping point last night. After working my way through the opening levels, I knew that reaching the Citadel again was a natural place to break.
- Like with SSX, I see how age, lack of practice, and late night gaming have eroded my gaming skills (if skills I ever had). I turned the difficulty down to Casual and I'm actually considering Narrative mode just to avoid any frustrations I have with the combat. Funny to think that just a couple weeks ago I was shaking my head at the idea of focusing on the story over gameplay in an RPG. But as the Mass Effect series has improved as a shooter, the less that I want to do that. Oh well, at least the option is there for me.
- It is going to be slow going for me, saving the universe an hour at a time. But I'm going to see this end of this series no matter what.
© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.