Friday, May 18, 2012

News Filter: Project Copernicus Teaser Released

  • In what has to be a desperate attempt to change the coversation about the game, 38 Studios has released a fly-through trailer of their upcoming MMO, Project Copernicus.

  • And if that wasn't enough, the projected release date of June 2013 was announced by the governor of Rhode Island. I'm sure there are some 38 Studios PR reps who are tearing their hair out right about now.

  • As for the trailer, I quite liked what I saw. It reminds me of a much prettier cross between Vanguard and World of Warcraft. And I hope that music is from the game because it had a nice theme without the bombast that some game music unuses. If anything, seeing that would make never getting the play the game that much more bitter.

  • If I was 38 Studios, I would not wait. It's time to start talking about the game in earnest. Otherwise, people will write it off entirely.

  • What do you think? Did you like what you saw?


© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. The world looks neat, but it really doesn't tell me anything. I completely agree that 38 needs to start talking about the game. They're so quiet that usually I forget they're developing one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really like to know more about the game. It is long past time for them to start talking...

      Delete