- I'm running a little behind here because of vacation. I hope you'll excuse the fact that this isn't the most timely post.
- It's that special time of year again when all of the good little boys and girls get their rewards. It's that Christmas In June we like to call E3. As a jaded old man, most of the announcements fail to excite me. But there are a few that have pierced my Plate Mail of Cynicism +1.
- I am, honest-to-goodness, enthusiastic about South Park: The Stick of Truth. The game looks completely authentic to the show and it sounds hilarious. This might be the one instance where I recreate myself as an avatar, if only to put myself into that world. Since it's not coming out until 2013, it will be a while. But I am anxious to see more about this game.
- One of the biggest games I was looking forward to was the new XCOM: Enemy Unknown from Firaxis. The initial information looked interesting, but I've been hesitant none the less. But although this trailer has no gameplay, the tone and the feel of it have me very excited. If those designs for the cyberdisks, sectoids, mutons, and others are from the game, it's going to look awesome.
- The one surprise of the show for me was Watch Dogs. It feels like a modern take on Ubi's Assassin's Creed games. That can't be a bad thing. There is a strong suspicion that Watch Dogs is destined for next-gen systems, and I can understand why. If that's what we have to look forward to, I can't wait to my hands on a new console.
- What did you think of E3 this year? Anything you're looking forward to?
© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.