- If you haven't yet, you really should watch the Quick Look that Giant Bomb posted for the new SSX coming out at the end of February. Actually, let me help you with that.
- I haven't been this excited about a game in years. It was actually thrilling to watching the producer fly down those mountains. From the tricks to the speed to the style, I could feel my anticipation building as the video went on.
- When I've looked at screenshots or preview videos in the past, I was decidedly "meh" about the game. I wanted to like it, but nothing was coming together for me. That has all changed looking at the near-final product.
- EA Canada seem to have really nailed a style with the game. It hits a tricky intersection of realism and exaggeration that is important for SSX. The interface looks clean and attractive, pulling up all kinds of data to propel you to the next event. I just hope that I can get enough friends playing that I have some challenges to go after.
- In the meantime, I'm getting out my Xbox and playing a little SSX 3 to tide me over. See you on the snow.
© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.