- The talk of Internet Disneyland today is MiceAge's rumor that the upcoming Star Wars Land addition will be accompanied with a massive redesign of the Rivers of America and the route of the Disneyland Railroad. According to those rumors, about one quarter of the length of the waterway will be excised to make room for the expansion. The north end of Tom Sawyer's Island will have to be removed to make room for the new waterway, taking Fort Wilderness with it. And along with change will be a rerouting of the railroad along the new waterway, cutting much closer to Big Thunder Mountain before cutting back toward Fantasyland Station.
- It is difficult to take anything MiceAge reports as face value. Such rumors have the tendency to evaporate as reality encroaches. As writer Matthew Gottula stated on Twitter, "Then again, this is the same source that kept telling us a few years ago that an Ewok Village would uproot the submarine Voyage and Autopia." Here are a few of the highlights from MiceAge from the recent past:
- As recently as August 11, still forecasting that Mickey's Toontown would be demolished to make way for Star Wars Land
- Here's a rumor that Sleeping Beauty Castle would be moved deeper into Fantasyland and replacing Pixie Hollow with Disney Power Princesses
- Are the Hollywoodland Backstage to become Monsteropolis and Shanghai's Tron Lightcycle ride is coming to Tomorrowland?
- How about Cars Land coming to Tokyo Disneyland's Rivers of America?
- Again, rumors are just that. Something to talk and laugh about while there is no real news to discuss. Maybe this is all true. But I'm not going to bet my Disney Dollars on it.
- UPDATE 09/30/2015: I should have bet my Disney Dollars.
Disneyland Today @DisneylandTodayCongratulations of MiceAge for getting this one right.
@ZachTWB Hi, Zach. The Rivers of America will have a new route when it reopens.