Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Top Five: Articles About Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines

  • Usually I write these blog posts because I want to share my thoughts with the world. Not so much this one. I just want a place to keep links to all of these great articles about Bloodlines. You should read them, but this one is all for me.

  • Vampire: Bloodlines – Heather and Me by Kieron Gillen, April 9, 2008 - Kieron Gillen reminisces on his interactions with one NPC in the game and how it made him evaluate how far he would go in becoming a creature of the night.

  • Forever Young, The Tragedy Of Bloodlines by Jim Rossignol, February 11, 2009 - Jim Rossignol discusses how this massive game went wrong and why it is worth playing anyway.

  • Retrospective: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines by Lewis Denby, July 4, 2009 - Lewis Denby reassesses Bloodlines, making a case for why this broken masterwork is still worth experiencing.

  • Reanimated: The story of Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines by Rick Lane, July 10, 2013 - Rick Lane discusses Bloodlines' troubled development and what the extraordinary lengths the community has done to patch the holes as best it can.

  • S.EXE: Vampire The Masquerade – Bloodlines Part 1 by Cara Ellison, June 20, 2014 - Cara Ellison tackles the sexuality inherent to the vampire mythology and who it is represented in Bloodlines.

  • Is anyone else weirded out that all of these articles come from the UK?

© 2014 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I've only been able to finish Vampire The Masquerade once out of the many times I've played the game, but it left such an impression on me that it has become one of my favorite games.

    The story itself is not bad, it's however the cast of characters and events outside of the story that really make the game pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vampire: Bloodlines was probably the best RPG I've ever played, maybe my favorite video game of all time. When I found out that Troika went under because of it... well, that just about broke my little gamer heart.

    I still have memories of things that happened in Bloodlines and have to stop and think for a minute before placing it as something which happened in a video game. No other game has ever done that to me. I am reading and savoring each of these articles. Thanks for collecting them :)

    ReplyDelete