- It was touch-and-go there for a while (as all of my game time is nowadays), but I finally completed Saints Row: The Third. Actually, I completed it a month ago, but work with me here.
- When I last wrote about it, I was well into the game, but there were several missions and many open world activities left to complete. But at no point did I feel overwhelmed. At no point did I feel like it wasn't worth going on. If anything, the missions jut get crazier as they go on. Some highlights:
- The mission that takes place in the virtual world is amazing. It riffs on so many different things that aren't referenced anywhere else in the game. Everything is unique for that mission.
- Can you believe that there are ______s in this game? I shouldn't work, but they don't overplay them.
- I love each of the choices you get to make in the game. They all come down to what kind of rewards you receive, so they don't affect the story greatly. But they do add lot of flavor. That doesn't count the final mission, though, which can swing the story a couple different ways.
- I didn't finish them all, but I am close to one hundred percent completion on all activities. I suspect that I'll be going back and finishing them soon.
- I haven't yet tried the DLC (though it isn't getting great reviews), but I liked the activities a lot more than most. So expect to see me in Saints Row for a while to come.
© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.