- As I threatened back in this post, I broke out my original Xbox and started playing SSX 3 again.
- To be fair, this wasn't hard to do. When we moved into the new house, I specifically set up a retro-gaming setup in my loft. I have an NES, PS2, and Xbox all hooked up to an old CRT television that's still hanging on. And amazingly enough, everything still works. Sure, the NES is a little finicky about loading cartridges, but the Xbox runs like a dream. And the games don't look half bad.
- Whenever I come back to SSX 3, I start a new profile so that I can ease into the game. And then I always pick Elise and start racing. Always Elise. I guess I'm not a fan of the other characters.
- I'm not sure if I'm getting to old, or if I'm too long out of practice, but it was a real challenge to play initially. I barely remember any of the race shortcuts or the best stunt points. And I couldn't react fast enough to pull off more than simple tricks. After a couple of hours, my hands started to remember some of the old ways and I didn't feel like a complete embarrassment.
- It won't be long now before the new SSX comes out. I'm hoping to see several of you on my RiderNet feed as well. But until then, SSX 3 is going to keep me company just fine.
© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.