Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Random Shots: The Most Self-Serving Post On This Blog

  • Hello, friend. How are you today? Well, I hope. The baby is fighting off a sniffle which means we'll be sick in about a week. I think I feel a tickle in the back of my throat now. Better not stand to close.

  • Sorry for rambling, but I did have a favor I wanted to ask. Do you remember back in September when I mentioned the 2012 Windhammer Prize? And do you remember the part where I said that it didn't matter if you voted or not, just that I wanted you to read and enjoy some gamebooks?

  • Yeah, it turns out that I lied about that. I would really like to win. Or if not win, I'd love to come in second or third. No need to be greedy. But I really do want to at least show in this race.

  • So if you haven't already, head on over to the Windhammer Prize page and take a look. My entry is Academy of Magic: The First Term. The rules require you vote for two entries, so you can't just vote for me. Which is good for you because there are some other great entries. Say, for instance, Andrew Wright's Guild of Thieves, which I am insanely jealous of.

  • That's all. Thanks so much for making it this far in the post. Back to gaming or complaining about not having time to game next time.

© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

7 comments:

  1. Voted! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to. I'm super curious what you thought of some of the other entries.

      Delete
    2. I really liked Guild of Thieves and A Familiar Story, both for the writing/story and their unusual mechanics. Final Payment and Call of Khalris were both interesting as well. A lot of the rest of the stories just blended together after I read them.

      Delete
  3. Ahh yes, I know all too well the joys of having young incubators! Thanks for the reminder, vote commencing now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barely got my votes in before it closed. Best of luck :-)

    ReplyDelete