Friday, September 14, 2012

News Filter: The 2012 Windhammer Prize

  • If you've followed the blog for a while, you might know that I'm a fan of gamebooks like the classic Fighting Fantasy and Lone Wolf as well as the more recent Fabled Lands and DestinyQuest series. I mean, they are games and books. At the same time!

  • Since I fancy myself a bit of a writer as well, I've also tried to write a gamebook or two in my time. So when I discovered the Windhammer Prize for Short Gamebook Fiction, I knew this was the perfect opportunity to write something, finish it, and put it in front of a bunch of people. So I started to write a 100 section book called Academy of Magic: The First Term to submit for the competition. In 2010.

  • That did not work out so well, so I finally got my act together and submitted for 2012. The voting has opened today. I really should have submitted last year. There are 22 entries this year instead of the prior year's eight. But my main goal was to enter, so I'm glad to have done so.

  • The Windhammer Prize always has a great collection of short gamebooks every year and you should check it out. I'm not asking for you to vote for me. There is likely to be a few books that you enjoy. Do give it a try and have an adventure!

  • Before I go, I wanted to thank Blue Kae and Yeebo for their help with testing. I couldn't have do it without you guys.

© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

  1. May your brilliance obviously outshine that of your opponents :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strangelander9/30/2012 1:48 AM

    I haven't played too many of the other entries, but yours was the best written and most fun so far!

    ReplyDelete