Friday, June 19, 2009

Listened Lately: Shut Up, We're Talking #49

  • Okay, yes, this is a completely self-serving post. Deal with it.

  • Darren was kind enough to invite me to participate on episode 49 of Shut Up, We're Talking. That this came so close on the heels of my screed about episode 47 was a little shocking to me. Naturally, I jumped at the chance. I've used this blog several times to act as a silent fifth chair, eager to participate in conversations recorded days earlier.

  • Number 49 was recorded on Saturday afternoon on the 13th with Darren (from Common Sense Gamer), Karen (from the much missed Journeys With Jaye), and Gary (from the new-to-me Ardwulf's Lair). I was panicked. I had spent time during the week preparing notes and readying myself for the show, but I was still very nervous. Any sounds you hear of microphones bumping is really me fidgeting and knocking my mic around. Sounds like Gary was just as nervous. He sounded like a pro to me, so he doesn't have anything to worry about to me.

  • When it was over, I had a great time on the show, talking and laughing and interacting about games in a way I don't get to normally. It was a great opportunity. If Darren leaves you a cryptic message on your blog, I suggest you reply.


© 2009 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't nervous so much as tense. Maybe it's the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Ardwulf - I'll grant you tense. Not that I would have noticed if you hadn't written about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if it's any consolation, I thought you were smooth and relaxed, and I was uptight and wooden. I guess we're both being self-critical.

    ReplyDelete