- My wife and I have counted ourselves lucky this last year or two that the national recession didn't have a devastating effect on our family. We had to tighten the belt a little, but we haven't faced the same problems many have. Then November came.
- November brought enough health problems to necessitate a few trips to the local emergency room. Nothing life threatening, but bad enough that we could just tough things out. We got through it, but I was very happy to see November in the rear view mirror.
- Or so I thought. It turns out that the next month was November also. This time, though, was the month of unexpected expenses. Far too many things cropped up that I wasn't ready to deal with. So by Christmas, I was counting pennies along with the rest of the country. But with the new year coming, things had to look up.
- But November had other plans. Do you know how much a blood transfusion for a cat costs? I didn't until yesterday. I'm not going to doom a beloved animal because of some financial squeamishness. We bit the bullet and did what we felt we must. But things haven't let up for a while and I'd really like to have some good news to report.
- So far, it's still November.
Warning: very personal, non-gaming, non-comic post incoming. I understand if you want to skip this. I'll have something more interesting up tomorrow.
© 2010 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.