Sunday, December 23, 2007

Played Lately: World of Warcraft

  • It has been an interesting time for me in World of Warcraft lately. And by interesting, I mean in both the good and bad ways.

  • I started raiding with Kryptonite, primarily a nice group of people who worked hard to learn the encounters in Karazhan. It has been nowhere near as smooth as my run with Represent as the level of gear is not always up to the challenge yet. But everyone was learning and coming back whenever things didn't go their way.

  • The problem I had with the guild is that those nice people were only about half the guild. There is an entire second group of folks who viewed the guild chat as a way to spew all of their spiteful, oft-times misogynist, humor, no matter who else was on. It came to a head Friday when the benefits of membership no longer outweighed the downside. I shouldn't have held my nose as long as I did, but standing on principles is not so easy a thing.

  • Luckily for me, I fell in with a new guild, Twisting Nether. Everyone is nice and helpful so far. Hopefully the guild keeps its current culture and does not add members just for the sake of padding out the roster.

  • So another Kara run is off in the distance now, but getting there should be more worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment