Sunday, February 1, 2009

Admin: Post One Hundred

  • What a long, strange trip it's been.

  • This is my one hundredth post in just under two years. Not a massive achievement by any stretch of the imagination, but one I want to note anyway.

  • I started this blog in February 2007 after I stopped posting at Guild Wars Kira, an in-character blog about my time in GW. When I stopped playing that game, I decided I needed another outlet to write about whatever was interesting to me. Thus, we have this scatter shot of topics that few beyond myself could ever be interested in.

  • My posts tend to follow whatever currently holds my fancy. The crazy number of World of Warcraft posts should tell you how addicted to that game I was. And the next hundred will say the same about Lord of the Rings Online or some other game. Hopefully I'll have time to write about a few games other than MMOs as well.

  • I'm a little surprised I haven't posted more Top Five lists. Actually, I'm not that surprised. For something that is supposed to be a post filler, they do take a lot of thought and energy. I look forward to getting more out in the future, and not just to pass the time.

  • I've decided to post about all the new books I read this year. By new I mean new to me. That way I don't have to review any comics I reread, like Watchmen or Cerebus. I have missed writing about books, so this should be a fun challenge.

  • Another thing I'd like to do is more responses to the podcasts I listen too. So far I've only done the one, but I will write more so long as the podcasters give me something to write about.

  • Mostly, I just want to post more. I get about ten to twelve visitors a day right now and I would like to grow on that. Not everyone can be looking for links to Be Imba, can they?

  • Anyway, thank you for looking at this humble blog. I hope you find something here worth your time


© 2009 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment