Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Random Shots: What I Didn't Play Yesterday

  • I was stuck at home yesterday while my car was in the shop (cracked radiator, for the curious). Having the entire day to myself, one would think that I would play a video game or two. Or three. There are so many. But I did not. Instead I worked around the house (recovering from Christmas) and watched Giant Bomb videos through YouTube on my Xbox. In honor of my complete and utter failure, here is a list of all of the game that I could have played, but didn't.

  • Saints Row: The Third - I actually finished the missions for this and need to write a post about it. But even with that done, there are all of the side activities and achievements to go after. SR3 may be the one Triple-A game that I want to complete. But that didn't happen on Monday.

  • Star Wars: The Old Republic - One would think that with an active subscription ticking down I would be more eager to play this game. Especially since I finally completed the Ord Mantell quests (Heroic zone and all) and shipped off to the fleet. But I didn't go anywhere near my computer yesterday.

  • World of Warcraft - That precluded me from playing WoW as well. I want to check out the new Darkmoon Faire and I'm in the middle of missing it for a second month running. But that wasn't enough to overcome my inertia.

  • All Zombies Must Die! - One of the videos I watched was for AZMD, a zombie apocalypse action RPG. It looked like so much fun that I almost downloaded it right then and there. But there were these other videos to watch, so....

  • NFL Blitz - Speaking of which, another video let me know that the new NFL Blitz was released on Xbox Live. I really enjoyed Blitz in the arcades back in the day, so I'd love to try this. Didn't though.

  • Mortal Kombat - And as long as we're talking about games that I want to buy but failed to, I want to see what is going on with the new MK. But even if it was available through Xbox Live, it was too much trouble to even look.

  • Trackmania 2: Canyon - I actually own this game and I like it quite a lot. It's the perfect pick-up-and-play racer. Every race is a twisting, turning sprint to the finish line. But even with such a low barrier of entry, I didn't find myself logging in.

  • Unity Of Command - Even though it is supposed to be an accessible wargame, I still need to learn how to play this game. In retrospect, it's pretty obvious why I didn't try this out.

  • So there you have it. At least I took down the tree and the lights, right?


© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. There seems to be some perverse law of physics that saps your interest in gaming in direct proportion to the amount of time you have to game. It's certainly happened to me on several occasions.

    ReplyDelete