Thursday, November 8, 2012

News Filter: Grand Theft Auto V: Oops, all dudes!

  • Game Informer revealed their December cover today featuring the lead story on Grand Theft Auto V. As part of the reveal, Rockstar announced that there will be three protagonists in this edition, all of them dudes. That means there is a tiny uproar on the internet about the lack of a female protagonist.

  • While I'm not going to yell or cry over their decision, I do think that this is a missed opportunity. Looking at their website, their only game that has a female protagonist is Oni, and it was originally developed by Bungie. I would love to see Rockstar stretch their boundaries a little. For as much as people complain about the ludonarrative dissonance of their games, I think they can be very effective storytellers. This is something I know they can do.

  • How about it, Rockstar? Are you up to the challenge?

© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment