Thursday, August 20, 2009

News Filter: Guild Wars 2 Trailer Arrives

  • I woke up this morning to discover that ArenaNet really did it. The trailer for Guild Wars 2 is now out! (Yes, that deserved an exclamation point.) Get over to the site and check it out. Because this is an MMO blog and I have to keep my pundit credentials up to date, I'll try to comment. The problem is all I want to say is "Squee!"

  • The animated concept art beginning was pretty cool. The first couple shots had me worried, but I really started to get into it as the scenes got more involved. I would have been okay (and that okay is in finger quotes) if that had been the whole trailer.

  • When they actually faded in the gameplay section, I was hooked. There has been a part of me that was worried after reading the fluffy preview bits about the game that A.Net was changing the franchine too dramatically. I shouldn't have worried. Everything here looked like the Guild Wars I remembered, only better. (Did everyone catch the day and night scene? I think that's A.Net proving a point.)

  • GW2 has fallen off my radar in the last year, but this trailer has renewed my faith. Squee!

© 2009 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.
If you're reading this on a site other than Bullet Points, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.


  1. The trailer was very well done. Almost makes me want to play. :-)

  2. @ Literary Feline - Almost? I'll have to work harder.