- Oh look! An honest-to-goodness controversy in the MMO community. Thank goodness to Bioware because this place has been getting awfully stale. For those of you who don't know.... Excuse me for a second.
- HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Heh Heh. Oh boy.
- Sorry about that, we all know what we're talking about here. Is $150.00 too much? Is it, dare I ask, too little? Let's look at what the community has to say:
- MMO Gamer Chick decided to listen to her wallet when it came to preordering, even though she is one of the game's biggest proponents (at least from my point of view). And although I want to, I'm not giving away the addendum to her post.
- The Ancient Gaming Noob, also going CE-less, discussed the included authenticator. He's right about its necessity. If SWTOR is going to be the next big thing, it is going to be a huge target for all kinds of nefarious activity. Hopefully EA/Bioware gets out front with security (as opposed to Trion who had to play a very fast catch up) or they will face all kinds of problems.
- Syp from Bio Break ordered his as soon as humanly possible. And then to rub all of our noses in it, he made a list of all of the goodies he'll be playing with any day now.
- And as crazy as it seems, Syncaine of Hardcore Casual is a lot closer to my point of view than I'm really comfortable with. Let me quote:
My plan for SW:sRPG is to pick it up for $5 on a Steam sale a few months after release. At that point I’m sure most will have moved on and I can enjoy the game in peace, without the hassle of others to ruin my immersion*.
- Kill Ten Rats has been silent on the issue. What is going on over there?
EDIT: Well, look here. Someone just remembered that they own a blog. (Hi Ethic!)
- Although I said I agree with Syncaine, I'm actually a little more torn than that. I love the idea of preordering and collector's editions. I'm just not sure I love SWTOR. I want to be caught up in the hype like everyone else, but will I really miss anything if I wait a couple months for the mania to fade? Probably not.
- That said, the collector's edition does sound amazing. And considering the audience, I think Bioware would sell out at $200. You folks may actually be getting a deal.
© 2011 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.