Monday, July 14, 2008

Random Shots: In From The Cold

  • It's been over a month since my last post, which is sort of a thing I do when the weather heats up. There is always more to do than time to do it. Also, I'm very, very lazy.
  • World of Warcraft, as always, has occupied more than its fair share of my free time. My new guild, Exile, has been having a good run of in the Tier 5 raids late. I got into the guild just after their first kills of Void Reaver and High Astromancer Solarian. Since then I've taken part in first kills of Hydross the Unstable, the Lurker Below, and Morogrim Tidewalker. We took a stab at Al'ar last night, but didn't make it out of phase one. I'm going to have to remember my frost gear for that fight. This all takes a lot of time, but it has been fun to see so much more of the raid game.
  • Outside of WoW but still on the computer, I'm been spending time with a bunch of other games. I leveled up to the early twenties in both Lord of the Rings Online and Everquest II. That seems to be the point in any MMORPG where they figure they've already got you hooked, so they can give you any old crap and the subscription money flow anyway. Since I'm not so hooked I'm not playing nearly as much anymore. I also dropped into the old Guild Wars stomping grounds long enough to make a new character and finally take a tour of the insanely difficult Domain of Anguish. I'm not going to rant here, except to say, "Bad, ArenaNet. Bad."
  • Otherwise, I've been reading lots and lots of comics, joined the Hard Case Crime book club and watching a few movies. Recently, my beautiful wife and I have taken in Hancock, Hellboy 2, and Wall-E. We're very much looking forward to The Dark Knight, I with geekly anticipation.
  • Of course, the new edition of Dungeons & Dragons was released and I've been burying myself in the new rules. They have become less arcane than previous editions, stripping the system down to its most elemental levels. While it no longer tries to be everything to everyone, it has polished the adventuring game up to a nova-bright sheen. Should I even find myself facing a game, I'll at least be ready now.
  • So enough about me. What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment