- A few thoughts before two-oh-one-oh comes screaming upon us:
- I was relieved that I did want to play any of Steam's big sale items Tuesday morning. I've alread picked up three in prior days for amazing prices, so I was happy that I wasn't being forced to spend more money. They're practically twisting my arm with those prices.
- One of the games I did pick up was King's Bounty: Armored Princess. I never played the first game, though all the reviews made it sound interesting. When this hit the bargain price, I had to jump on it. Glad I did too. So far it reminds me of Heroes of Might & Magic, only it hasn't driven me crazy yet. I really, really hated HOMM, so I'm glad this game is so much goofy fun. It makes for a nice break from GTA IV.
- By the way, don't try the 3D mode. Those trees swinging by the screen made me ill.
- I'm not buying Borderlands for any more than $25. Not that the game isn't worth more, but that's the price that would push me over the edge into giving it a try. I'm writing this on Tuesday, so if there's a sudden price drop on Wednesday, you know what I'll be playing Wednesday night.
- MMOs are in a weird place for me right now. I love talking them. I love the variety of them. I love the idea of them. So how come I don't want to play anything other than World of Warcraft and couldn't care less about any new games coming out. Are there any new Triple-A MMOs beyond Star Trek Online on the horizon? I have no idea.
- Speaking of Triple-A MMOs coming out, if I received an invitation for a closed beta but can't be bothered to download the game client, does that say more about the game or me?
© 2009 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.