Tuesday, August 7, 2012

News Filter: Vanguard Is Free-To-Play, GO GO GO

  • From Massively, we receive notice that the free-to-play rollout for Vanguard: Saga of Heroes has slipped out a week early. So if you were planning to check out the game once those pesky subscription fees went away, now it your chance.

  • I tried out Vanguard a couple of years back during a free trial, but it didn't really hook me at the time. I was never, ever, going to pay money just to give it a second chance. The move to free-to-play is exactly what I've been waiting for, ever since John Smedley teased it a couple of years back.

  • Are you going to try out Vanguard? Because really, what else are you going to do until Guild Wars 2 comes out?

© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. I do plan to at least try it. I'm still having enough fun in TSW/ DDO/ SWTOR that I'm not really flipping out to play anything new. But Vanguard is a MMO I've long been curious about. If nothing else, I'm curious to see how the diplomacy system works..there aren't any analogues in other MMOs that I am aware of.

    ReplyDelete