- The World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria trailer is out. You've probably watched it, but I really like embedding videos now.
- Opinions are mixed, as I've come to expect from the internet. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I like having actually Horde and Alliance characters in the video again. I love that it evokes a sense of mystery about the world. And I love that it returns to the whimsy that has always been a hallmark of the game. If the trailer tells me anything, it's "This is going to be fun."
- Since I love Top Five lists, here are the WoW trailers from my most to least favorite:
- World of Warcraft - The first is still the best. It introduced the world, the characters, and the conflict cleanly and clearly.
- The Burning Crusade - Following in the footsteps of the first, TBC's trailer sticks with the character focus while giving a hi
- Mists of Pandaria - See above. It feels like a natural continuation of the first two trailers.
- Cataclysm - Like the WotLK trailer, this is more about telling a story than introducing a world. But it pretty cool seeing Azeroth messed up like that.
- Wrath of the Lich King - Definitely the worst of the trailers. It is beautiful from a technical perspective. But it takes the focus away from the characters and the world and places instead on the big Blizzard story instead. No thank you.
- What did you think of the new trailer? Which one was your favorite?
© 2012 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.