Thursday, September 3, 2009

Played Lately: Champions Online

  • The last couple days have been very busy in Champions Online. Questing (Yeah, I know they call them missions. Deal with it.) and exploring continue to be a lot of fun.


  • There are all kinds of quests going on in Snake Gulch, the robot cowboy theme park in the Southwest Desert zone. It's so hilariously comic-booky that I enjoyed every minute I spent there. Killing gunslinging bots is a lot more fun than it should be. I could do without the Cowboy's lariat attacks though. I spent so much time in bondage, you'd think I was Wonder Woman. Lucky for me I was only halfway through the quest hub before they fixed the problem with Snake Gulch Snakebucks not being recorded. I only collected enough for one action figure, but I can see myself coming back to farm for more.


  • When I hit level 20, I decided it was time to update my character's look, so off to the tailor I went. It felt like Arcfire needed a dark and brooding costume, so I simply recolored her with black and blood red. There's one more empty slot I'll have to do something with. I'm thinking a civilian outfit, but we'll see.


  • So what did I do next with my new attitude? Defuse more bombs. Lots more bombs. I think I've foiled attacks by the Destroyer Bots, VIPER, and The Black Aces now. Foxbat was kind enough to rob a bank instead of blowing it up, so that was a nice change of pace. And when the Qularr invaded a base, all they were doing is trying to steal back some sarcophagi. I might have let them if those bugs weren't so evil. And ugly. And stinky.


  • Sorry if these gaming posts are boring at the moment. I'm rather close to level 22, so I'm closing in on the Nemesis system. I suspect that will be the make or break point for this game. I'm looking forward to playing with it and writing about it too.



© 2009 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.
If you're reading this on a site other than Bullet Points, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

3 comments:

  1. Level 21 now, you're cruising along. I have a couple of level 16's and a couple of level 10's so far.

    Right now I have been questing in MC, do you at some point get a quest that will send you back to the desert?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jayedub - The leveling has slowed down some, which is a good thing in my book. This is not a game that I want to hit the level cap in before the box subscription runs out. I wouldn't be nearly as far along if I was playing more alts. I don't want to overdo the early zones and burn out too fast. At least until we see if Cryptic will be growing the game content horizontally or vertically.

    There are breadcrumb quests from MC to both the Desert and Canada. At level 19, there's a quest to go to Snake Gulch. And at 21, I just got a quest from Kinetik to head to Canada, which is my next target. Both of those quests came after completing major quest arcs, as far as I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the leveling slowing down even though I opted for the lifetime membership. I'm the type of person that likes to enjoy the ride to level cap.

    Thanks again for noticing my blog and your encouragement. Feel free to add it as a link if the urge takes you. Hit me up in game if you ever need help aswell.

    ReplyDelete