- I'm officially done trying to get anyone to play Champions Online. I know when I've met my match. Blog posts about the game have all but dried up. Game instances have dwindled dramatically. And when I log into the game, the only other person online in my super group is the guy who idled offline a month ago, so a bug keeps his name illuminated. Not that I'm going to stop writing about the game. It's just that from here on out, I'll just be writing for the fun of it. So now, one last attempt to get you to play Champions.
- Finally last night, I made my first foray into Lemuria, the Champions equivalent of Atlantis. It is the current high end zone, so most people don't get here until level 33 or 34. It takes place entirely underwater, which is always strange in an MMO. Enemies can come upon you from every direction, so it's not easy to tell who you're fighting. But then I saw these guys and, suddenly, all with right in the world.
- Just take a look at this screen shot.
- That is a shark.
- A shark with a laser beam on its head.
- Sharks! With laser beams on their heads! If that doesn't make you want to play Champions, then good riddance. I want nothing to do with you.
© 2009 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.
If you're reading this on a site other than Bullet Points, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.