- I've got too many things to write about and not enough time to do it. So we're putting the random in Random Shots today. Because they're not always so random, are they?
- I am so happy to have my nemesis back in Champions Online. The Jailbreak mission where he escapes was a lot of fun and I've already got my first Nemesis Clue. I know there is only so much you can do, but giving even this much freedom to customize your play experience is a huge step forward, I think. I'll be posting other wish list for the game with other customizations I'd like to see. If any game could pull it off, Champions could be the one. I also discovered I never did the Stronghold quests in the Desert. I guess I should take my own advice and spend more time with the Crime Computer.
- In Warhammer Online, I'm trying an experiment the sole goal of which is to drive myself away from the game and save myself another subscription. Actually if it works, that would be great, but I'm a pessimist at heart. My experiment is this: since I've been having so much fun mixing PvP and PvE on my new Witch Hunter, I want to try leveling solely through PvP. Whether or not this succeed will be based pretty much on the server I try this on. My home server (which you'd think I could remember since there are only six) has great PvP in both tier one and tier two, so I'm hoping this isn't a fluke.
- Until the day that I get to play MMOs during business hours, I resign myself to what I can play on my PSP. That is almost exclusively Pangya: Fantasy Golf. I wrote about it previously when I was complaining about the business of MMOs. I still think Pangya is a better game offline than it ever was online. So much so in fact that I'm nearing the 100% completion goal of the game. Scary thought: what am I going to do at work when I finish the game? Work? Ugh.
- In my non-blogging, non-gaming time, I've been doing a lot of reading. I have two reviews in the queue, Grifter's Game by Lawrence Block and Bone by Jeff Smith. Currently I'm reading The Name Of The Rose by Umberto Eco. I've had this book laying around since college, so it's about time I got to it. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep up my "review every book" policy next year. But I'll keep it up for now.
- In my non-blogging, non-gaming, non-reading time, the new television season has started and so has my DVR. So far, my favorite new show is Glee, though my beautiful wife and I are also enjoying FlashForward. Of course with any new show, I worry whether they can keep their quality over the long run. So far Dollhouse has proven itself in its second season. With a couple more shows on the DVR and a couple more to come, we're right on the edge where we're worried about spending too much time in front of the TV. So far, so good though.
- So enough about me. What are you up to?
Monday, October 5, 2009
Random Shots: Bouncing Around My Head
Posted by Marty Runyon at 10/05/2009 07:40:00 PM
Labels: champions online, pangya, random shots, warhammer
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I was really tempted to watch Flash Forward, but after the inconsistent seasons of Heroes and Lost I decided to wait and if the shows turns out well I'll watch it on DVD.ReplyDelete
@ Blue Kae - Truth be told, I prefer my television on DVD. I usually only watch shows on TV that I absolutely can't wait for.ReplyDelete
These days I'm obsessing out on Smallville. Can't believe I never got into it before. It have the first three seasons in my netflix cue, I'm halfway through season two. Considering they are up to season 9, it may be all I watch for the next month.ReplyDelete
On the MMO side, been digging me some DDO lately. As soon as I start to fade on that, I plan to activate my Champions Online retail key. I have a blog post about DDO and another about monster play in LoTRO floating around in my head.
@ Yeebo - Glad to hear you're enjoying Smallville. The wife and I liked that for the first few years. Can't wait to read more about DDO, LotRO, and CO.ReplyDelete