- Gender (1d10): 1-5 - Male, 6-10 Female
-1 is encounter is outdoors
+1 if encounter is on an estate or in a sanitarium
- Age (2d10+16): total indicates actual age
For apparent age, roll 1d20-3 and add to age.
- Hairstyle (1d4+1): total indicates number of directions hair projects
- Manner Of Dress (1d8): see table
1 - dressing gown
2 - torn dressing gown
3 - soiled dressing gown
4 - rumpled dressing gown
5 - torn and soiled dressing gown
6 - torn and rumpled dressing gown
7 - torn, rumpled, and soiled dressing gown
8 - nothing
- Who Is After Them (1d6): see table
1 - Them! You know who they are! They're everywhere!
2 - His/Her ungrateful, spoiled childred who are just after his/her money
3 - The bugs! Can't you see all the bugs? They are all over me!
4 - Afraid of being swallowed up by the ground (if outside)/the sky (if inside)
5 - Cats! Haven't you seen them watching! They're always watching!
6 - The triple headed demon goddess, Keec'klaq'clook
- Possessions (1d3-1): total indicates number of possessions, roll 1d12 on table once for each item, roll 1d5 to determine how attached to the item the person is (5 is highly attached, 1 is not attached at all)
1 - a bit of string
2 - a dull knife
3 - a stone pestle (without mortar)
4 - half a string of wooden beads
5 - a wooden bowl, cracked down one side to the bottom
6 - a lady's painted fan, soiled
7 - an iron barrel hoop
8 - a straw brush, missing one third of its bristles
9 - a brightly polished river rock
10 - a treasure map (roll again on table to determine what is buried there)
11 - an unsettling doll
12 - something valuable (roll on Valuables table)
- Valuables (1d10): roll once for each "something valuable" result on the Possessions table
1-6 - a number of silver coins (roll d6s equalling the result)
7 - a ruby the size of your thumb
8 - a tarnished crown that fits the person's head
9 - a talisman of magical protection
10 - a ring of invisibility, engraved with an ancient script
- Motive (1d6): see table
1 - "Can you help me find my pet squirrel, Fluffy?"
2 - "I'm really the king/queen!"
3 - "GO AWAY!"
4 - "The voices tell me to follow you."
5 - "That [thing] looks very pretty. Can I have it?"
6 - "I just want to dance!"
- Unexplored Worlds is my attempt to design an RPG campaign in the open. Since I have not rolled a d20 in anger in many years, this is my way to keep playing without actually playing. All posts are written to be system-agnostic, so please use whatever keeps your interest in your own games. Just let me know how it goes.
© 2011 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.
LOL this was...different :PReplyDelete
Not being all together savvy on the ins and outs of tabletop games, it took me until halfway through Manner of Dress before I went, "hey, wait a minute..."
Love it! Something different, a little disturbing, and funny as hell :D