- The hype train is coming up to speed for World of Warcraft Patch 4.3. As usual, MMO-Champion is gathering all of the info it can track down. Remember this screen shot that I posted a few days back? It turns out to have been a teaser for the patch and the new services it will make available. Darn it. I really want to play an ethereal.
- The two unknown services, the Transmogrifier and Void Storage, have been revealed. The Transmogrifier will allow you to change the appearance of any weapon or armor to match another piece that you own, within type and class restricitions. And since people will be saving up so much gear, Void Storage will allow players to keep around one hundred pieces of armor outside of the normal bank. (The Arcane Reforger does the same old reforging from Patch 4.0.1.)
- Syp believes that World of Warcraft is no longer the hegemon that it once was. In light of recent moves (these annoucements along with Mists of Pandaria and the change to threat mechanics), Blizzard must agree. For many years, they have stood firm against constant pressure to add appearance gear, but they have finally crumbled. I believe that these are all signs that Blizzard has shifted from attracting new players to maintaining their current player base.
- At this rate, can player housing be far behind? Is it already too late?
© 2011 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.
This is by far the best addition to WoW ever! I have been wanting some form of a vanity option in the game for quite some time.ReplyDelete
@ Jayedub - It is a crazy good idea. I still have my tier 4 gear around, just for such an occasion.ReplyDelete
*chuckle* Thanks for the link!ReplyDelete
And yes, I'd say it's too little too late... but that doesn't mean I think it's a bad idea. I think that it's something that should have been done way earlier than this, but it's still a great addition to the game. :)
All I have to say about this, is "About damn time!" It certainly won't get me subbing again, but it might have kept me subbed for another month or so during my last stint. Trashing old raids for neat looking gear sets would have been a lot of fun.ReplyDelete
1. I voted for option 3. Hey, don't ask me to NOT make you do something if you really don't want me to.ReplyDelete
2. Transmorgification can suck it. I deleted my T2 set two months before quitting. Of course they bring it out now.
@ Tesh - I'm sure they had much greater fish to fry, but it's still hard to believe it took them so long. Still it is a welcome change.ReplyDelete
@ Yeebo - Someday, when I resubscribe, I'd like to try it out. But it's not going to make me come back any quicker.
@ Bronte - Sigh is right. Wow. Of course, the armor is all in there. And you can probably farm pieces with a tiny group. That sounds like fun, right? :s
If gouging my eyes out with a plastic spork were an option instead, I would gouge them the fuck right out.ReplyDelete