- Even though Torchlight was a great game on Xbox Live Arcade, Eurogamer is reporting the Torchlight II may be too large to fit on the service. In an interview with Runic Games CEO Max Schaefer, he said that the game would have to be significantly redesigned to accommodate the service. They still hope to bring it to Xbox someday, but there are no plans for the time being.
- I think we all remember when Microsoft stated that the technical size limit for XBLA games is two gigabites. That seems like a lot of room unless TL2 is fabulously huge. Or maybe there is still a soft cap in place that I'm not aware of. (Google has been little help in this.)
- Whatever their thinking, I will buy, play, and finish TL2 (and then buy more as gifts) on PC long before I have to worry about whether it makes it to XLBA or not. But I would love to have it available on both platforms.
- If you haven't read the article, there is a lot of other good stuff in there. Don't miss it.
- Admin Note: Yes, this news is pretty thin, but I wanted an excuse to post this: if you enjoy my Unexplored Worlds posts, make sure that you don't miss the one I posted earlier today. The RSS feed was borked due to an accidental early post, so it looks like the final post went up yesterday. So if you missed it, so check it out.
© 2011 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.
I am curious, if you have it on the PC, why also want it on the XBLA platform?ReplyDelete
@ Bronte - I know it sounds crazy, but I played and finished Torchlight on PC and XBLA. The game plays different enough because of the control schemes that it feels like separate, though related games. And Torchlight XBLA filled a niche for Dark Alliance-style games that haven't been filled for a while. Any more games in that style will always be a good thing.ReplyDelete